Position Overview: The Athletic Director oversees all aspects of the school’s athletic programs. This is a senior administrative position that includes managing schedules, hiring and mentoring coaches, promoting programs and events, ordering equipment, constructing budgets, and facilitating operations.
Mission: Through a vibrant and innovative Catholic education, we cultivate the individuality, faith, talent, and aspirations of diverse young women who aspire to lead and serve the world.
- Understands the school’s philosophy and participates in the mission and spiritual life of the school.
- Develops, organizes, supervises, and evaluates the interscholastic athletics for the school.
- Ensures that all coaches are performing their duties at the very highest level of professionalism.
- Ensures that all coaching positions are filled with competent coaches who are properly trained in all organizational and philosophical aspects of the athletic program.
- Represents the school at all meetings held by the state, district, conference and other professional associations.
- Upholds all standards and policies of MSHSAA.
- Participates with the proper administrator and the President in coaching employment decisions and faculty assignments.
- Ensures the proper maintenance and security of all athletic equipment and athletic facilities, fields, courts, working in coordination with those responsible for the overall facilities.
- Keeps the school website and other media communications networks up to date and accurate.
- Schedules all athletic contests, arranges for transportation, and hires all game officials.
- Represents the school at all state, local, regional athletic association meetings/conferences.
- Maintains records of teams and individual athletic accomplishments and keeps records for archives and historical purposes.
- Maintains and revises the coaches’ manual each year and sets up meetings with coaches to review information and standards in detail.
- Coordinates PE credits for sports.
- Oversees the ordering of all uniforms, equipment, athletic spirit wear, collection and storage of all equipment and uniforms.
- Ensures that all athletes uphold the Athletic Code of Conduct. Informs the appropriate administrator of any violations.
- Organizes concessions.
- Pays referees for their services.
- Assists in organizing team banquets and awards.
- Responsible for the rental of athletic facilities.
- Responsible for athletic summer camps.
- Potentially teaches one or two classes as needed year by year.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of coaching experience.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A role model for health, wellness, and sportsmanship.
To Apply: Please submit the following:
- CV / resume
- Cover letter explaining interest in Rosati-Kain Academy and the position
- A list of 5 professional references including name, relationship, phone number, and email (contact will not be made without candidate’s permission)
Send all materials to [email protected] using Athletic Director in the title.