Since 1911, Rosati-Kain High School has conferred diplomas to more than 13,000 young women.
As you know, our legacy has grown from a school in which the School Sisters of Notre Dame and the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet charged no tuition and earned no salaries into the only all-girls’ high school in the City of St. Louis providing a premier Catholic college preparatory education to young women from 70 zip codes and over 100 partner schools throughout the metropolitan area. Rosati-Kain relies on the financial contribution of alumnae, parents, grandparents, faculty, and staff, and friends to support our operating budget and provide scholarships and tuition assistance. There are numerous ways in which you may make your gift to Rosati-Kain:
- The Fund for R-K
- Planned Gifts
- Rosati-Kain High School Endowment
- Rosati-Kain High School Scholarship Program
- Memorials and Tributes
- “Build the Dream…Live the Legacy” Capital Campaign
The Fund for R-K
The Fund for R-K is the source of unrestricted income that provides an immediate impact on our most important asset – our students. Your support of R-K gives us the financial flexibility to address our most urgent needs in areas such as academic and student programming, faculty development, technological and facility upgrades, and financial aid.
The Fund for R-K Gift Circles:
- Legacy of the Sisters Circle $10,000+
- President's Circle $5,000 - $9,999
- Women for Women Circle $1,000 - $4,999
- Gold Circle $500 - $999
- Purple Circle $100 - $499
- Friend of R-K Up to $99
Planned giving options, including charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, bequests, and gifts of stock, offer you significant tax and income benefits while providing much-needed support for Rosati-Kain. Those who remember R-K in their wills and trusts will be members of our Caritas Society.
Planned giving, sometimes referred to as “legacy planning,” is a gift that enables donors to make larger gifts than they could make from their income. While some planned gifts provide a life-long income to the donor, others use estate and tax planning techniques in ways that maximize the gift and/or minimize its impact on the donor’s estate.
We are pleased to have the Roman Catholic Foundation of Eastern Missouri as our Planned Giving partner.
The Foundation’s mission is to inspire giving and connect donors to Catholic ministries, sustaining the local church for future generations. The Foundation assists donors with legacy gifts, from their will, trust, or retirement plan, to the Catholic parish, school or organization of their choice.
To learn more about ways to create your planned gift to provide lasting support for Rosati-Kain, please visit the Foundation’s website http://rcfstl.org/the-local-catholic-church/.
Rollover Charitable IRA
THE IRA TAX-FREE CHARITABLE ROLLOVER GIFT OPPORTUNITY IS AVAILABLE FOR 2018 AND BEYOND
- It's easy! A direct transfer is made from your IRA to Rosati-Kain High School.
- It's tax-free! As an IRA owner over the age of 70 1/2 , your charitable gifts of up to $100,000 are tax-free in 2018.
- It counts! These gifts may satisfy part of all of your required minimum distributions as an IRA owner.
- It makes a difference! IRA charitable rollover gifts allow you to make an immediate impact on scholarships, academic programming, or any program at R-K that is important to YOU.
- It's here for good! These gifts have been made permanent by recent legislation, so the opportunity is available for 2018 and for years to come.
For more information on how your IRA gift can make a difference in the lives of each R-K student, please contact the Roman Catholic Foundation at 314-918-2890.
Under the renewed charitable IRA legislation, if you are 70 1/2 or older, you can make charitable gifts now to Rosati-Kain High School - using funds from your individual retirement accounts (IRAs) without undesirable tax effects. Certain conditions apply. The total IRA charitable rollover gift amount is limited to $100,000 per owner for the tax year.
Rosati-Kain High School Endowment
Gifts to the Endowment Fund are invested in perpetuity, with the earned interest available for tuition assistance, operating expenses or special capital needs. The principal will never be spent, ensuring that your support for Rosati-Kain lasts beyond your lifetime.
Rosati-Kain High School Scholarship Program
Gifts of $30,000 or more may be designated to name a scholarship in honor of a loved one, teacher, friend or other. Scholarship funds can be designated for students who meet certain criteria as specified by a donor. The donor may participate in the selection of the scholarship recipient.
Please review details of the program by clicking here.
Memorials and Tributes
Gifts to Rosati-Kain may be made as a tribute or memorial to honor a friend, alumna or loved one.
“Build the Dream…Live the Legacy” Capital Campaign
Through generous donors, Rosati-Kain has raised $3.7 million toward the $4.9 Build the Dream…Live the Legacy capital campaign. Please consider making a commitment. Contributions on your commitment may be paid monthly, quarterly or annually. Please click here to download a commitment form.
* This website is not to be considered the rendering of tax, financial or legal advice. It is the responsibility of the donor to consult with his or her tax, financial and legal advisers regarding charitable donations.