What is it?
Rosati-Kain High School is excited to offer an enrichment program during the summer. The Kougar Kick Start program focuses on improvement of skills in math, reading, and writing. These classes are designed to review previously learned skills and prepare students for the upcoming school year.
Who can attend?
This week-long outreach is available to any girl entering 7th and 8th grade, from a St. Louis public or private grade school.
Who runs the camp?
Experienced teachers, under the direction of R-K President, Dr. Elizabeth Ann Goodwin, will teach the classes.
Participation in summer enrichment opportunities can benefit students in a variety of ways. The particular benefits vary depending on the type of program or experience. Examples of academic, social, and personal benefits may include:
- Studying topics of interest at an in-depth level.
- Continuing the learning momentum from the academic school year.
- Increasing academic motivation and goals.
- Learning in a safe and structured atmosphere.
- Becoming familiar with a new learning environment.
- Enhancing interpersonal skills through activities such as simulations, group projects, cooperative learning…
- Learning in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Developing lasting friendships with peers who share similar interests.
- Meeting students from different schools.
- Engaging in high-level discourse with other motivated students.
- Enhancing self-confidence through accomplishing goals.
- Gaining new perspectives and ideas about society.
- Enhancing interpersonal skills.
- Discovering personal characteristics and qualities.
- Developing an increased sense of self.