What is the Kougar Klassic?
From September 1 – 30, alumnae participate in a tournament-style competition to claim the title of Rosati-Kain’s Alumnae Kougar Klassic Champion. This will be determined by class giving participation (percentage of classmates donating, not dollar amount) to The Fund for R-K. Only gifts ($10 and more) made during September 1 – 30 count!
All donors in the winning class will receive t-shirts as Rosati-Kain’s Kougar Klassic winner AND will have bragging rights as the Top Alumnae Class of that year. Your win will be noted in the R-K Today magazine, alumnae newsletter, and on social media. Finally, all donors in the winning class will be invited to a happy hour at our Coughlin Courtyard and our Daniels Learning Commons on a mutually agreed upon date.
NEW THIS YEAR: 2nd chance to win!
Did your class get knocked out of the Kougar Klassic early? Did you miss winning by just a small percentage? There's still a chance to win! The class that signs up for the most number of recurring donations to R-K (monthly gifts of $10 or more) will win a 2-hour happy hour in the Daniels Learning Commons.
Here’s what you can do to make your class the next Kougar Klassic Champion.
- Make a gift–large or small–to The Fund for R-K by clicking HERE. You can mail a check to the school or donate online (only gifts made in September each year and gifts must be at least $10 or more to count).
- Make your gift a reoccurring monthly gift to help your class secure the consolation prize!!
- Encourage others in your class to participate. You can do this via email or social media. The winning class will be the one with the highest percentage of donors. Please email Jen Guidici at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a class roster.
- SHARE SHARE SHARE with all your classmates. Post #TBT pics on your own social media and call out your classmates that have not yet given and use #KougarKlassic on all of your posts.
What are the rules?
- Any donation of $10 or more counts.
- Only one donation per classmate for the month of September counts.
- You can donate in honor of a deceased classmate, but it is not required or counted against your class if you do not.
- You cannot donate in another active classmate's name.
- Donate early in the competition to make sure your class moves on to the next bracket.
- Only donations made to The Fund for R-K during the month of September count. You cannot specify your donation to a specific scholarship.
Kougar Klassic Past Class Champions:
- 2016 Championship Class – 1999 (92%)
- 2017 Championship Class – 1999 (85%)
- 2018 Championship Class - 1999 (92.2%)