Class Activity Period: Meets once every cycle per grade level when all students are available. This is time to address various topics related to class-specific needs, or just to create and foster community. The Office of Student Support Services plans several of these, such as: College Application Workshops for Seniors, College Search and Preparation for Juniors, Career Exploration for Sophomores, Study Skills for Freshmen, and Wellness Activities for all grades.
Grade-level programs include:
- Freshmen/Parent group meeting
- Small and large group sessions on transitional and academic issues unique to the first year
- Sophomore/Parent group meeting
- Individual academic planning meeting
- Large group PSAT testing, results, and interpretation
- Career exploration activities and presentations
- Junior/Parent group meeting
- College Financial Aid presentation
- Indvidual PSAT results and Family college planning consultations
- College fair opportunities and information
- College representative visit opportunities
- Senior/Parent group meeting
- FAFSA workshop
- Individual college application meetings
For all students:
- Individual meetings per appointment
- Wellness workshops.
- Past topics have addressed:
- personal and social media safety
- at-risk behaviors.
Programs are reviewed and evaluated each year.