Rosati-Kain High School curriculum goals are that students will:
- Make effective choices based on Catholic faith, morality, Gospel values and personal spirituality.
- Understand the aspects of healthy living and use them to increase their spiritual, social, emotional, and physical health.
- Understand and appreciate the benefits of life-long learning.
- Demonstrate a continuing commitment to community through service.
- Appreciate diversity.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Use high-level thinking skills to conduct research, find sources, evaluate information, solve problems, and determine the validity of results.
- Be strong, independent, responsible, caring, and self-disciplined women.
These course descriptions are published to assist students, parents, and other interested parties in understanding the academic program at Rosati-Kain High School. Information related to the Advanced College Credit and Advanced Placement programs can be found in the course description booklet on pages 28-29 and by clicking here. Curriculum development is an ongoing process of revision and improvement. It is recommended, however, to use the contents of this book as a guide to help plan a complete course of studies.
All courses offered at Rosati-Kain are college preparatory. Credits are issued on a semester or yearly basis. Schedule changes may be made during the first cycle of each semester and must be approved by parents, teachers, and the administration. There is a fee for schedule changes. Students are not permitted to drop full-year courses after only one semester.
The minimum number of credits required for graduation is 28.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION
- Religion 4 credits
- English 4 credits
- Fine Arts 1 credit
- Mathematics 4 credits
- World Languages 2 credits (must be in the same language)
- Physical Education/Health 1.5 credits
- Practical Arts 1 credit
- Science 3 credits
- Social Studies 3 credits (1 credit must be American History)
- Electives 4.5 credits
Quick Access: Download 2019-2020 Course Booklet
Quick Access: Skyward
Quick Access: Moodle