Rosati-Kain High School curriculum goals are that students will:
- Make effective choices based on the Catholic faith, morality, Gospel values, and personal spirituality.
- Understand the aspects of healthy living and use them to increase their spiritual, social, emotional, and physical health.
- Understand and appreciate the benefits of life-long learning.
- Demonstrate a continuing commitment to the community through service.
- Appreciate diversity.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Use high-level thinking skills to conduct research, find sources, evaluate information, solve problems, and determine the validity of results.
- Be strong, independent, responsible, caring, and self-disciplined women.
These course descriptions are published to assist students, parents, and other interested parties in understanding the academic program at Rosati-Kain High School. Information related to the Advanced College Credit and Advanced Placement programs can be found in the course description booklet on pages 27 and 28 and by clicking here. Curriculum development is an ongoing process of revision and improvement. It is recommended, however, to use the contents of this book as a guide to help plan a complete course of studies.
All courses offered at Rosati-Kain are college preparatory. Credits are issued on a semester or yearly basis. Schedule changes may be made during the first cycle of each semester and must be approved by parents, teachers, and the administration. There is a fee for schedule changes. Students are not permitted to drop full-year courses after only one semester.
The minimum number of credits required for graduation is 28.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION
- Religion 4 credits
- English 4 credits
- Fine Arts 1 credit
- Mathematics 4 credits
- World Languages 2 credits (must be in the same language)
- Physical Education/Health 1.5 credits
- Practical Arts 1 credit
- Science 3 credits
- Social Studies 3 credits (1 credit must be American History)
- Electives 4.5 credits
Quick Access: 2022-2023 Student Handbook
Quick Access: Download 2022-2023 Course Booklet
Quick Access: 2022-2023 Listing Calendar
Quick Access: Skyward